About that poll -- what I actually did...
Jul. 10th, 2010 09:50 pmWriting happened, but not anything actually in a story. I've spent the last hour or so working on the TiddlyWiki I set up to keep track of information about past and future writing projects.
This wasn't cat-vacuuming. I've got to the point where I need *something* to keep track of character names and descriptions I've already used. I'm not a writer who *must* know a character's name before I start writing about them, but I certainly find it helpful to know what the main characters call themselves, and I'd rather not change their names once I've got started. I'd also rather not use the same name for too many characters (so far I've got 3 major characters called Mark/Marc, although one of them was Not My Fault), and when I started the last bout of Trashy Porn I realised that I could no longer remember even all my major character's names without having a List.
The list in the Exobrain isn't complete, but there's enough there now that I can get on with whatever I feel like writing tomorrow.
This wasn't cat-vacuuming. I've got to the point where I need *something* to keep track of character names and descriptions I've already used. I'm not a writer who *must* know a character's name before I start writing about them, but I certainly find it helpful to know what the main characters call themselves, and I'd rather not change their names once I've got started. I'd also rather not use the same name for too many characters (so far I've got 3 major characters called Mark/Marc, although one of them was Not My Fault), and when I started the last bout of Trashy Porn I realised that I could no longer remember even all my major character's names without having a List.
The list in the Exobrain isn't complete, but there's enough there now that I can get on with whatever I feel like writing tomorrow.
(no subject)
Date: 2010-07-12 04:11 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2010-07-13 02:51 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2010-07-13 09:35 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2010-07-14 07:15 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2010-07-14 09:21 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2010-07-10 09:51 pm (UTC)